Linux Malware Detect (LMD) is a malware scanner for Linux released under the GNU GPLv2 license, that is designed around the threats faced in shared hosted environments. It uses threat data from network edge intrusion detection systems to extract malware that is actively being used in attacks and generates signatures for detection. In addition, threat data is also derived from user submissions with the LMD checkout feature and from malware community resources. The signatures that LMD uses are MD5 file hashes and HEX pattern matches, they are also easily exported to any number of detection tools such as ClamAV.
* Install Linux Malware Detect.
* Scan specified directories.
* Scan the document root of all accounts in the server.
* View previous scan reports.
* Manage directories to be ignored from scans.
* Manage file extensions to be exempted from scans.
* Enable email alert for malware detections.
* Enable automatic quarantine/cleaning of malware detections.
* Manually quarantine malware detections based on scan reports.
* Enable automatic monitoring of user directories or specific folders.